Making curry can be difficult if you don’t know how to combine the spices or where to buy them from. Helpfully, Patak’s has a range of curry pastes and has teamed up with The Global Herald to produce a range of “sizzling summer recipes” that are easy to make and delicious to eat!
- 4 large red peppers
- 3 tbsp oil
- 290g fresh finely sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 150g cooked Basmati rice (approx 70g raw Basmati rice)
- ½ block (125g) Halloumi cheese
- 4 tbsp (90g or 1/3 jar) Patak’s Jalfrezi Paste
- 70g grated Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 180°c/375°f/gas mark 5.
- Cut the peppers in half length ways through the stalk, remove seeds, place cut side up on a foil lined baking tray. Place in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Slice the halloumi block into 4 or 5 slices lengthways, then cut each slice in half length ways then cut into small 10 -20 mm cubes.
- Combine the halloumi with Patak’s Jalfrezi Paste and leave to one side.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and fry for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Add the halloumi and Jalfrezi paste, fry for a few minutes, until the halloumi is lightly browned. Remove from the heat.
- Add the cooked rice, mix well.
- Fill the peppers and sprinkle with the grated mozzarella, place in the oven for 15 minutes.