About This Source - Lorraine
Recent from Lorraine:
Ching-He Huang cooked up this lovely Quick and Easy Mushroom and Ginger Tofu Dish on ITV1’s Lorraine show. Full details below.
Don’t forget to scroll down and give this recipe a rating, at the bottom of this post – also leave your comments underneath, too.
Ching-He Huang has her quick and easy mushroom and ginger tofu dish for you to make at home.Lorraine YouTube Channel
Ching’s Mushroom and Ginger Tofu Dish Recipe
- 500g fresh firm tofu, drained and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- ½ tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp tamari or low-sodium light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour or potato flour
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2.5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 100g shiitake and chestnut mushrooms, (or mushrooms of your choice) halved
- 1 tbsp shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 large spring onions, sliced on an angle into 2.5cm pieces
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 150ml cold vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Jasmine rice to serve
- Place the tofu in a bowl and season with the salt, white pepper, five-spice powder and tamari or light soy sauce. Dust with the cornflour or potato flour and toss to mix.
- For the sauce: In another small bowl mix together the tamari or light soy sauce, vegetarian oyster sauce, chilli sauce, vegetable stock and cornflour.
- Heat a wok over high heat and when the wok starts to smoke, add the groundnut oil. Add the ginger and mushrooms and stir-fry for a few seconds. Then add the tofu pieces and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, tossing gently for even cooking.
- Add the rice wine or dry sherry and stir-fry gently for another 2 minutes, then add the sauce and bring to the boil.
- Gently cook for another 1 minute until the sauce thickens, then stir in the spring onions. Remove from the heat and serve immediately with jasmine rice.
In This Story: Dr Hilary Jones
Doctor Hilary Jones has been a medical expert on ITV morning television in the UK for many years.
6 Recent Items: Dr Hilary Jones
In This Story: Lorraine Kelly
Lorraine Kelly, OBE is a Scottish television presenter, interviewer and journalist. She has presented various television shows for ITV including GMTV (1993–2010), This Morning (2003–2005, 2016), Daybreak (2012–2014), Good Morning Britain (2020–present), The Sun Military Awards (2016–present), STV Children’s Appeal (2016–present) and her eponymous programme Lorraine (2010–present).