East Fifth Bliss is the story of 35-year-old Morris Bliss, who lives in New York City but is far from exploiting the land of opportunity. Out of work and with plans for travel still dots upon a map, he is going nowhere, fast. He embarks upon a revitalising dalliance with a younger woman, even though he is a former classmate of her father.
The film is adapted from the novel “East Fifth Bliss” by Douglas Light. The film has been chosen as the opening show for the Newport Beach Film Festival 2011 on Thursday, April 28th, 2011 at 7:30pm at Edwards Big Newport (300 Newport Center Drive).
- Michael C. Hall (Dexter) as Morris Bliss
- Lucy Liu (Charlie’s Angels) as Andrea
- Peter Fonda (Easy Rider) as Seymour Bliss
- Chris Messina (Vicky Cristina Barcelona) as NJ
- Brie Larson (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World) as Stephanie
- Brad William Henke (Choke) as Jetski
- Sarah Shahi (Fairly Legal) as Hattie
- Co-writer: Douglas Light
- Co-writer: Michael Knowles
- Producers: John Ramos, Michael Knowle, John Will
In This Story: New York City
New York City (NYC) is located in the U.S. state of New York. The city is the center of the New York metropolitan area, the largest metropolitan area in the world with approximately 23 million people in its combined statistical area.
New York City has been described as the cultural, financial, and media capital of the world, hosting the headquarters of the United Nations, as well as the New York Stock Exchange.