About This Source - ABC News (Australia)
The video item below is from ABC News (Australia). ABC News is a public news service in Australia produced by the News and Current Affairs division of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
Recent from ABC News (Australia):
ABC News (Australia) published this video item, entitled “Regional Australia may be booming in COVID – but what’s it doing to healthcare? | The Drum” – below is their description.
The Drum is in the Western New South Wales town of Dubbo to learn about the health divide between Australian cities and country.
Kathryn Robinson will speak to local health workers and residents to find out hard it is to see a GP, and why the tyranny of distance can mean life or death in an emergency.
Our panel include:
• Donna Jeffries, Executive Manager, Maari Ma Health Aboriginal Corporation
• Professor Ruth Stewart, National Rural Health Commissioner
• Danica Leys, CEO NSW Country Women’s Association
• Michael Whaites, Manager of Public Health at the NSW Nurses and Midwives’ AssociationABC News (Australia) YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.
In This Story: Australia
7 Recent Items: Australia
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.
5 Recent Items: COVID-19
In This Story: New South Wales
New South Wales is a southeastern Australian state, distinguished by its coastal cities and national parks. Sydney, its capital, is home to iconic structures such as the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
Population: 7.544 million (Sept 2014)