About This Source - Al Jazeera
The video item below is a piece of English language content from Al Jazeera. Al Jazeera is a Qatari state-funded broadcaster in Doha, Qatar, owned by the Al Jazeera Media Network. More from Al Jazeera
Three Recent Al Jazeera Stories:
There are growing concerns that the coronavirus pandemic is putting the long-term mental health of front line medical workers at risk.
Some North American doctors say they do not see a way they can come out of the crisis the same person.
As coronavirus cases near their projected peak in North America, front line healthcare workers risk getting infected themselves.
But on top of their physical wellbeing, there are concerns over whether they can cope with the mental trauma stemming from the gruelling work.
Al Jazeera’s Heidi Zhou-Castro reports. 0
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
In This Story: Covid-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.