About This Source - OWN The Oprah Winfrey Network
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) is an American basic cable channel jointly owned by Discovery Inc. and Harpo Studios that launched on January 1, 2011, replacing the Discovery Health Channel.
Recent OWN Content:
Laila Ali cooks a delicious meatloaf, a firm family favorite, on her OWN show, Home Made Simple. Full recipe details are below, where you may also leave your own rating of this delightful recipe!
“Home Made Simple” guest, Greg, is all smiles when Laila brings him and his wife, Toi, into the kitchen to recreate one of his favorite childhood recipes, meatloaf! For more on #HOMEMADESIMPLE, visit WatchOWN.tv/HMS
About Home Made Simple:OWN YouTube Channel
Each week, a team of innovative experts meets a couple who find themselves stuck in their quest of making over a room, tackling a once-in-a-lifetime event or repurposing that favorite antique.
Laila Ali’s Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- Onions – chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
- Large bowl breadcrumbs
- Half a pint vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Soulful seasoning salt
- Sassy seasoning blend
- Spicy pepper blend
- Minced beef – 4 lbs
- Tomato ketchup
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, and add the onions and garlic to sauté
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl with a fork
- Pour the egg into the breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl, pour in vegetable broth, add Worcestershire sauce & the mustard and mix together
- Add the salt & seasoning to the mixture
- Add breadcrumb mixture to the meat, with the cooked onion and garlic mixture, then mix up, and put into your “loaf” tin and pack it down.
- Mix some spices to the ketchup, and pour on the top, before covering with tin-foil and cooking for 45 minutes until ready.