About This Source - OWN
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) is an American basic cable channel jointly owned by Discovery Inc. and Harpo Studios that launched on January 1, 2011, replacing the Discovery Health Channel.
Initially a 50/50 joint venture, Discovery acquired a larger stake in the network in 2017. Harpo remains a “significant” minority stakeholder and Winfrey is contracted with the channel through at least 2025.
As of February 2015, OWN is available to approximately 81.9 million pay television households (70.3% of households with television) in the United States.
Books & Downloads #Ad
Recent from OWN:
Laila Ali cooks a delicious meatloaf, a firm family favorite, on her OWN show, Home Made Simple. Full recipe details are below, where you may also leave your own rating of this delightful recipe!
“Home Made Simple” guest, Greg, is all smiles when Laila brings him and his wife, Toi, into the kitchen to recreate one of his favorite childhood recipes, meatloaf! For more on #HOMEMADESIMPLE, visit WatchOWN.tv/HMS
About Home Made Simple:OWN YouTube Channel
Each week, a team of innovative experts meets a couple who find themselves stuck in their quest of making over a room, tackling a once-in-a-lifetime event or repurposing that favorite antique.
Laila Ali’s Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- Onions – chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
- Large bowl breadcrumbs
- Half a pint vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Soulful seasoning salt
- Sassy seasoning blend
- Spicy pepper blend
- Minced beef – 4 lbs
- Tomato ketchup
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, and add the onions and garlic to sauté
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl with a fork
- Pour the egg into the breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl, pour in vegetable broth, add Worcestershire sauce & the mustard and mix together
- Add the salt & seasoning to the mixture
- Add breadcrumb mixture to the meat, with the cooked onion and garlic mixture, then mix up, and put into your “loaf” tin and pack it down.
- Mix some spices to the ketchup, and pour on the top, before covering with tin-foil and cooking for 45 minutes until ready.
In This Story: Laila Ali
Laila Ali is an American television personality and former professional boxer who competed from 1999 to 2007. She is the daughter of Muhammad Ali and is the eighth of her father’s nine children.
1 Recent Items: Laila Ali
In This Story: Oprah Winfrey
Oprah Gail Winfrey is an American talk show host and businesswoman. She is best known for her talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, broadcast from Chicago, which was the highest-rated television program of its kind in history and ran in national syndication for 25 years from 1986 to 2011.
Dubbed the “Queen of All Media”, she was the richest African American of the 20th century and North America’s first black multi-billionaire.
In 2008, she formed her own network, Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).