About This Source - John Kirkwood
Recent from John Kirkwood:
John Kirkwood has published another of his delicious home-cooked recipes on his YouTube Channel, here.
How to make corned beef and potato pasties, simple step by step instructions, from start to finish.
Paypal donate https://www.paypal.me/jonboy2478
Book (Recipe) https://profoodhomemade.com/shop/John Kirkwood YouTube Channel
Corned Beef Pasty Recipe
- 340g/12oz Plain or all purpose four
- 85g / 3oz Cold butter
- 85g / 3oz Cold lard or shortening
- 115g /mls Cold Water
- 4g / 1/2tsp Salt
- 255g / 9oz Mashed potato (without butter)
- 255g / 9oz Corned beef
- 1 Small onion: finely chopped
- 1 Egg well beaten (egg-wash)
- Add flour, salt, cold butter and lard to food processor, pulse until it looks like fine breadcrumbs, slowly add cold water to the processor while it’s running; when the pastry forms into a ball it’s done, this should take around 45 seconds.
- Cut pastry into four equal pieces, and form into puck shapes, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Add all of the filling ingredients to a bowl and mix until everything is combined.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Divide the filling equally into 4 and refrigerate until it stiffens.
- Roll each pasty piece into circles, approximately 4 mm thick and 18cm / 7” in diameter, you can use a small plate or bowl cut perfect circles.
- Place each piece of filling on one side of each of the pastry circles, leaving shy of the edges.
- Brush the egg wash all around the edge of the pastry and fold it over forming a pasty shape.
- Gently press down and crimp the edge of the pastry together.
- Place all 4 pasties on a greased baking tray, you can also line the tray with parchment paper if preferred.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C that’s 320°F or gas mark 3.
- Coat all 4 pasties with the egg wash, and pierce 2 or 3 small vent holes in the top of each pasty.
- Place the tray in the middle of the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the pasties to settle for 5 minutes on the tray, and then carefully transfer them off the tray and onto a wire rack allow to cool or serve them hot.
If you like this, you may also like John’s delicious Corned Beef & Potato Pie recipe.
In This Story: John Kirkwood
John Kirkwood is a fantastic cook from Sunderland, UK, who publishes recipes on his YouTube channel.
Help John Kirkwood keep publishing his recipes online: Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=16607621