UEFA Europea League 2011/12 Group Stage returns on the evening of Thursday 29th September 2011, when another round of 24 fixtures are scheduled to take place.
Some key matches take place in this, the second Game Week of the UEFA Europa League competition.
In Scotland, Celtic, who only made it through following an appeal, have a home match against Italian club Udinese in Group I. Udinese will be keen to keep up the momentum gained in an opening round victory over French club Rennes, while Celtic are looking for their first points in the competition having been turned over by Atletico Madrid a fortnight ago.
A highly interesting battle at White Hart Lane sees Tottenham Hotspur host newcomers, Shamrock Rovers, of the League of Ireland, the lowest ranked club in the competition in Group A. Rovers will be hoping for better than their opening day 3-0 defeat at the hands of Rubin Kazan, while Spurs will be expecting no less than three points, regardless of the fact Harry Redknapp may well opt to once again field an inexperienced squad owing to fixture pressure.
In Group F, we have a top of the table Spain v France battle as Athletic Bilbao take on Paris Saint Germain. Both of these clubs are on three points after opening day wins, so this match will have important connotations regarding just who qualifies, and in what position.
Another top of the table clash takes place in Portugal, where Braga host Club Bruges for the right to be top of Group H.
Group C is another where a 100% record will disappear for one side, as Rapid Bucharest and PSV Eindhoven – who both collected 1-0 victories two weeks ago – face off in Romania.
One of the highlights of the night will take place in Portugal, where Sporting host Lazio for their Group D bout: both teams will be hoping for a point or better to increase chances of progressing from this difficult group.
In England, Stoke City host Besiktas, with the winner assured at least a share of the top of Group E. If that winner is Besiktas, they’ll be clear at the top of the group, though Stoke’s Brittania Stadium is a difficult place to go and win, as Manchester United learned in the Premier League on the weekend just past.
Group G is another which sees two clubs on three points do battle, as FC Metalist Kharkiv entertain AZ Alkmaar to see which side will lead the group into Game Week three.
In Russia, an early kick-off match will decide who leads Group L into the third round of fixtures, as Lokomotiv Moscov host Anderlecht, in another match between sides who emerged from the first week with three points.
Full fixture details for UEFA Europa League 2011/12 Group Stage matches to be played on Thursday September 29th 2011 are below.
UEFA Europa League 2011/12 Group Stage Fixtures, Thursday 29 September 2011
All kick-off times are listed in Central European Time (CET).
- Rubin Kazan v PAOK Salonika – Group A – Kick-Off (CET) 17:00
- Lokomotiv Moscow v Anderlecht – Group L – Kick-Off (CET) 18:00
- AEK Athens v SK Sturm Graz – Group L – Kick-Off (CET) 19:00
- AEK Larnaca v Steaua Bucharest – Group J – Kick-Off (CET) 19:00
- Braga v Club Bruges – Group H – Kick-Off (CET) 19:00
- Celtic v Udinese – Group I – Kick-Off (CET) 19:00
- FC Metalist Kharkiv v AZ Alkmaar – Group G – Kick-Off (CET) 19:00
- FC Twente v Wisla Krakow – Group K – Kick-Off (CET) 19:00
- Malmo v Austria Vienna – Group G – Kick-Off (CET) 19:00
- NK Maribor v Birmingham – Group H – Kick-Off (CET) 19:00
- Odense BK v Fulham – Group K – Kick-Off (CET) 19:00
- Rennes v Atletico Madrid – Group I – Kick-Off (CET) 19:00
- Schalke 04 v Maccabi Haifa – Group J – Kick-Off (CET) 19:00
- Athletic Bilbao v Paris SG – Group F – Kick-Off (CET) 21:05
- FC Vaslui v FC Zurich – Group D – Kick-Off (CET) 21:05
- Legia Warsaw v Hapoel Tel-Aviv – Group C – Kick-Off (CET) 21:05
- Macc Tel-Aviv v Dynamo Kiev – Group E – Kick-Off (CET) 21:05
- Rapid Bucharest v PSV Eindhoven – Group C – Kick-Off (CET) 21:05
- Red Bull Salzburg v Slovan Bratislava – Group F – Kick-Off (CET) 21:05
- Sporting v Lazio – Group D – Kick-Off (CET) 21:05
- Standard Liege v FC Copenhagen – Group B – Kick-Off (CET) 21:05
- Stoke v Besiktas – Group E – Kick-Off (CET) 21:05
- Tottenham v Shamrock Rovers – Group A – Kick-Off (CET) 21:05
- Vorskla Poltava v Hannover 96 – Group B – Kick-Off (CET) 21:05