There are a further eight UEFA Champions League 2013/14 Group Stage fixtures scheduled for the evening of Wednesday 23 October 2013, as the second set of matchweek three games take place across Europe.
The fixtures will begin with an early kick-off in Russia, where CSKA host Manchester City in Group D – with the teams locked on three points, this is sure to be an important fixture in the context of the group.
The tie of the round looks to be in Madrid, where Real host Juventus in Group B. Real lead the group on 6 points, and have a 100% record, so Juventus will be looking for a result on their travels to add to their slightly disappointing 2 points gathered thus far.
Elsewhere, in England, Manchester United will be looking to revitalise their own faintly unimpressive start to the season in their home fixture with Real Sociedad. Sociedad have yet to gain a single point in Group A, so United will be desperate to keep it that way and maintain their push for that important group win.
Except for the fixture of CSKA v Man City, all matches on Wednesday 23 October 2013 kick-off at 20:45 CET.
UEFA Champions League 2013/14: Fixtures, Wednesday 23 October 2013
- Group D – CSKA Moskva v Man City (Kick-Off 18:00 CET)
- Group D – Bayern v Plzen (Kick-Off 20:45 CET)
- Group A – Leverkusen v Shakhtar Donetsk (Kick-Off 20:45 CET)
- Group A – Man United v Real Sociedad (Kick-Off 20:45 CET)
- Group B – Real Madrid v Juventus (Kick-Off 20:45 CET)
- Group B – Galatasaray v Kobenhavn (Kick-Off 20:45 CET)
- Group C – Anderlecht v PSG (Kick-Off 20:45 CET)
- Group C – Benfica v Olympiacos (Kick-Off 20:45 CET)