The Amazing Spiderman is the second modern-day movie rendition of the classic comic book tale. Rather than commission a fourth sequel to Sam Raimi’s Spiderman film, Sony Pictures decided upon a “reboot”, restarting the tale of Spiderman with a new series of films.
This time, Andrew Garfield takes the lead role as the masked vigilante and confronts his father’s former work colleague, who turns into a giant reptile named The Lizard.
Greater emphasis is placed on Spiderman’s family history with Peter Parker remembering his mother and father through the discovery of a briefcase whilst living at his Aunt and Uncle’s home.
The Amazing Spiderman is a Marvel Entertainment production for Columbia Pictures out in July 2012 in the UK.
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker / Spiderman
- Dennis Leary as George Stacy
- Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy
- Rhys Ifans as Dr. Curt Connors / The Lizard
- Martin Sheen as Ben Parker
- Sally Field as May Parker
- Director: Marc Webb
- Producer: Avi Arad, Matthew Tolmach, Laura Ziskin
- Executive Producers: Michael Grillo, Stan Lee
- Screenplay: James Vanderbilt, Alvin Sargent and Steve Kloves
- Based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.