The incumbent President of Tanzania, Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete, has been re-elected to be President of Tanzania for a final term.
- The CCM leader, Mr Kikwete, got 5,276,827 votes or 61.17% of the 8.6 million ballots cast.
- Dr Willibrod Peter Slaa, the Chadema leader, came second with 2.2 million votes or 26.34% of the vote.
- The CUF’s candidate, Professor Ibrahim Haruna Lipumba, got 695,667 votes or 8.06% of the vote.
- Peter Kuga Mziray, of the African Progressive Party of Tanzania (APPT-Maendeleo), got 96,933 votes (1.12 per cent).
- Hashim Rungwe, of the National Convention for Construction and Reform (NCCR-Mageuzi), got 26,388 votes or 0.31% of the vote.
- Tanzania Labour Party’s Muttamwega Bhatt Mgayhwa received 17,482 votes or 0.20% of the total.
- Mr Fahmi Nassoro Dovutwa, of United People’s Democratic Party (UPDP), who had pulled out of the race at the last minute, received 13,176 votes or 0.15 per cent of the vote.