This page contains news items relating to Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- Notable opinions; United States v. Virginia (1996), Olmstead v. L.C. (1999), and Friends of the Earth, Inc. v. Laidlaw Environmental Services, Inc. (2000).
- Bachelor’s degree at Cornell University
- Married and became a mother before starting law school at Harvard
- Transferred to Columbia Law School, graduated joint first in her class
- Professor at Rutgers Law School and Columbia Law School
- Volunteer for American Civil Liberties Union
- President Jimmy Carter appointed her to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit