The draw for the 2011 Snooker World Championship was decided this week, ahead of the tournament, which takes place at the Crucible Theatre, Sheffield, UK, between 16th April and 2nd May 2011.
The 2010 Champion, Neil Robertson is to face Judd Trump in the opening round, which also sees former champions Ronnie O’Sullivan face Dominic Dale and John Higgins face Stephen Lee in what appears, on paper, to be one of the most open World Championships in the sport’s history.
World Snooker Championship 2011 – 1st Round Matches
- Neil Robertson v Judd Trump
- Marco Fu v Martin Gould
- Graeme Dott v Mark King
- Ali Carter v Dave Harold
- Ding Junhui v Jamie Burnett
- Peter Ebdon v Stuart Bingham
- Stephen Hendry v Joe Perry
- Mark Selby v Jimmy Robertson
- Mark Williams v Ryan Day
- Jamie Cope v Andrew Pagett
- Mark Allen v Matthew Stevens
- Stephen Maguire v Barry Hawkins
- Shaun Murphy v Marcus Campbell
- Ronnie O’Sullivan v Dominic Dale
- Ricky Walden v Rory McLeod
- John Higgins v Stephen Lee
In This Story: Andrew Neil
Andrew Ferguson Neil is a Scottish journalist and broadcaster. He is the chairman of the television news channel GB News, which will launch in 2021. Neil was appointed editor of The Sunday Times by Rupert Murdoch, and served in this position from 1983 to 1994. After this he became a contributor to the Daily Mail. He worked for many years for the BBC, hosting a variety of political shows.