On a weekend when most attention will be turned towards the Sunday matches – for the Super Sunder double-header of Man City v Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal v Man Utd – there are still plenty of points on offer for the teams who take to the field on Saturday.
Most matches pitch teams who are doing well this season against those who are not performing as well as they might, though QPR v Wigan, at 3pm, looks like a real relegation six pointer even now, in January: the winner could well emerge from the bottom three, while the loser just might be bottom of the table come the end of the weekend.
Blackburn, Wolves and Bolton all have tricky looking fixtures to get themselves away from danger, though each of those sides have shown signs of late that they just might get something against Everton, Aston Villa and Liverpool respectively, all three of whom are strong top-half sides showing slightly below-par form at times this term.
A couple of mid table grapples for position take place in the Fulham v Newcastle and Sunderland v Swansea fixtures, though the day’s early kick-off between Norwich and Chelsea at Carrow Road may not prove to be quite the mis-match it appears on paper, at least if current form is considered.
Full fixtures for today’s Barclays Premier League are detailed below.
Barclays Premier League 2011/2012 Fixtures, Saturday 21 January 2012
- Norwich v Chelsea – Kick-Off (GMT) 12:45
- Everton v Blackburn – Kick-Off (GMT) 15:00
- Fulham v Newcastle – Kick-Off (GMT) 15:00
- QPR v Wigan – Kick-Off (GMT) 15:00
- Stoke v West Brom – Kick-Off (GMT) 15:00
- Sunderland v Swansea – Kick-Off (GMT) 15:00
- Wolverhampton v Aston Villa – Kick-Off (GMT) 15:00
- Bolton v Liverpool – Kick-Off (GMT) 17:30