England Saxons are to replace Jonathan Josephs, who was to make his debut against Scotland A on Friday, after the player aggravated a groin injury in training.
Saxons coach, Jon Callrd explained:
“He was experiencing a little soreness when he joined us and aggravated things when he slipped in training,”
“He might have played through it but it’s in everyone’s best interests to err on the side of caution given that he has just returned from a long lay-off.”
“JJ has got a bright future but as he’s just come back from a different injury we wouldn’t want to compound his problems.”
Joseph will be replaced by Dominic Waldouck of London Wasps in the centre position for England’s second string.
Revised England Starting XV v Scotland A, Feb 3 2012
- 15 Nick Abendanon (Bath Rugby);
- 14 Ugo Monye (Harlequins),
- 13 Dominic Waldouck (London Wasps),
- 12 Billy Twelvetrees (Leicester Tigers),
- 11 Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby);
- 10 Ryan Lamb (Northampton Saints),
- 9 Ben Spencer (Saracens);
- 1 Nick Wood (Gloucester Rugby),
- 2 Chris Brooker (Harlequins),
- 3 Paul Doran-Jones (Northampton Saints),
- 4 Ed Slater (Leicester Tigers),
- 5 George Robson (Harlequins),
- 6 James Gaskell (Sale Sharks, captain),
- 7 Andy Saull (Saracens),
- 8 Tom Johnson (Exeter).
Replacements: 16 Joe Gray (Harlequins), 17 Rupert Harden (Gloucester Rugby), 18 Kearnan Myall (Sale Sharks), 19 David Seymour (Sale Sharks), 20 Paul Hodgson (London Irish), 21 Freddie Burns (Gloucester Rugby), 22 Miles Benjamin (Worcester Warriors).
Scotland A v England Saxons kicks-off at 19:30 GMT on Friday 3rd February 2012, at Galashiels, Scotland.