The captain of the famous cruise ship Queen Mary 2, Paul Wright, will toast Prince William and Kate Middleton as part of celebrations aboard the Eastbound transatlantic crossing from New York to Southampton on 29th April 2011.
Operator Cunard announced that all of their ships will host celebrations on the occasion of the Royal Wedding; Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and the new Queen Elizabeth. The events to mark the latest nuptials of the British Royal Family will include:
- Viewing party of the Royal Wedding live via satellite TV broadcast in the Royal Court Theatre and in all staterooms
- Royal Wedding Afternoon Tea service featuring Twinings limited edition Royal Wedding Tea
- A commemorative “Princess Royale” cocktail to mark the occasion
- A celebration dinner and commemorative menu at each of the restaurants, including a slice of traditional wedding fruitcake
- A royal champagne toast to Miss Catherine Middleton and HRH Prince William by the ship’s Captain
- A Royal Wedding Ball with dancing to a big band orchestra in the Queens Room ballroom
Cunard’s association with the British Royal Family dates back to 1859 when Queen Victoria bestowed the title of Baronet to Samuel Cunard (Cunard Line founder) for his services to the country during the Crimean War. Since then, eight Cunard liners have been named by senior members of the British Royal Family – four by Queen Elizabeth II, including the recent October 2010 launch of Queen Elizabeth.