Making curry can be difficult if you don’t know how to combine the spices or where to buy them from. Helpfully, Patak’s has a range of curry pastes and has teamed up with The Global Herald to produce a range of “sizzling summer recipes” that are easy to make and delicious to eat!
- 450g finely minced lamb
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 120g plain natural yoghurt
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 1 tbsp ghee or veg oil
- 1 tbsp Patak’s Rogan Josh Paste
- 200ml whipping cream
- Large pinch of unrefined sugar
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Put the mince in a large bowl. Add the paprika, chilli powder, fennel seeds, coriander, pepper, cardamom, ginger and salt. Add 1 tbsp yogurt, then use your hands to mix together. Shape into 16-18 balls or koftas, using a little flour to prevent sticking.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a frying pan and fry the maetballs, in batches if necessary, for 10-15 mins, until cooked. Set aside on kitchen paper.
- Add the Patak’s Rogan Josh Paste to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cream, sugar and a little salt. Return the meatballs to the pan and heat through. Stir in the remaining yogurt and sprinkle with garam masala.
- Transfer to bowls and serve with chapattis or biryani rice.