Your privacy when accessing this, and any other website owned and operated by 24 Hour Trading Ltd is of paramount importance to us.
Information Gathered From Users
We collect three types of information from web users:
- Information you provide when signing up as a contributor to The Global Herald, such as your name, email address, personal biography and URL.
- You may input your email address in order to receive a daily summary of news published in The Global Herald – this email is provided by Google Feedburner, and you may opt to unsubscribe at any time, using the option at the end of the email which is sent to you. We do not use your email address for any other purpose.
- Anonymised information is gathered in order to track page views and user interaction (such as visitor source, location, visit length and so on).
User information is collected in the following manners:
Optional User Information
Contributor Biographies – If you sign up as a contributor to The Global Herald your name, image, web-link and personal biography may be published on the The Global Herald website for web visitors, and may be available via internet search engines, third party website links and any other means not mentioned herein. Contributed content will be published in perpetuity, unless an editor decides to remove the content from the website at his or her discretion at a later date.
We do not knowingly request personal and contact information from persons under the age of 13. Where it is apparent that a person under the age of 13 has registered a The Global Herald account, that account will be terminated immediately.
We track user patterns throughout the The Global Herald website. We do not correlate this information with data about individual users. We do break down usage based upon various datapoints provided by users’ browser and ISP, using Google Analytics tracking software.
For full information on the data that Google Analytics may collect, please see the following page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Google Anaytics software users Cookies to track your usage of The Global Herald. Cookies are small files placed into the files your web browser store on your computer. They do not alter any settings, except storing small itmes of information such as times you accessed The Global Herald. Data stored in these cookies contains no personal information about you. You may block cookies using your browser privacy settings – this will not impede your usage of The Global Herald in any way.
Third Party Advertisements
Only The Global Herald site administrators have access to private data submitted by users.
You may opt out of submitting any data to The Global Herald by taking the following steps:
- Blocking Cookies on your browser;
- Not accessing the The Global Herald website in future;
- Not registering a The Global Herald account.