In Yemen, a country already struggling with a five-year war is now preparing for the battle against coronavirus.
Despite the absence of any coronavirus cases in Sanaa, or elsewhere in Yemen, the government has suspended flights to and from Sanaa International Airport for two weeks and ordered the closure of schools and colleges to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Al Jazeera’s Mohammed Al Attab reports from the capital Sanaa.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#Yemen #Coronavirus #COVID19
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.