About This Source - World Health Organization (WHO)
Recent from World Health Organization (WHO):
World Health Organization (WHO) published this video item, entitled “WHO’s Science in 5 on COVID-19: safe care at home” – below is their description.
If you are caring for yourself or a loved one at home, how can you keep everyone safe? Who should be cared for at home? How to prevent COVID-19 infection to other family members? What red flags should you look for that tell you it is time to contact the health care provider? WHO’s Dr April Baller explains in Science in 5 .
Prevent infection while caring for COVID-19 patient at home by:
1. Isolate the patient, maintain at least 1 meter distance
2. Circulate fresh air
3. Designate one caregiver
4. Wear a medical mask
5. Wash hands frequently
6. Use separate dishes, cups, linen, towels for the patient.
7. Disinfect frequently touched surfaces
8. Dispose patient’s waste safely
9. No visitors allowedWorld Health Organization (WHO) YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.
5 Recent Items: COVID-19
In This Story: World Health Organization
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health.”