About This Source - QuickTake by Bloomberg
QuickTake is a series by Bloomberg which is tagged "Global news the world needs today." Bloomberg L.P. is a privately held financial, software, data, and media company headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It was founded by Michael Bloomberg in 1981, with the help of Thomas Secunda, Duncan MacMillan, Charles Zegar, and a 12% ownership investment by Merrill Lynch.
Recent QuickTakes by Bloomberg:
Dr. Tedros Adhanom-Ghebreyesus of the World Health Organization announced the launch of the #Covid19 Technology Access Pool or “C-TAP,” an initiative to help achieve “equitable access” to virus defense resources.
He listed 5 priorities for the initiative:
1. Public disclosure of gene sequencing research
2. Public disclosure of all clinical trial results
3. Encouraging equitable distribution of trial data between governments, research funders, and pharmaceutical companies
4. Licensing treatments and vaccines to large and small producers
5. Promoting open innovation models and technology transfer to increase local manufacturing and supply capacity
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/2TwO8Gm
QUICKTAKE ON SOCIAL:
Follow QuickTake on Twitter: twitter.com/quicktake
Like QuickTake on Facebook: facebook.com/quicktake
Follow QuickTake on Instagram: instagram.com/quicktake
Subscribe to our newsletter: https://bit.ly/2FJ0oQZ
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
QuickTake by Bloomberg is a global news network delivering up-to-the-minute analysis on the biggest news, trends and ideas for a new generation of leaders.
In This Story: Covid-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.