The UK health secretary’s deadline to roll out a mobile phone app to trace and contact possible coronavirus infections has been delayed.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson promised to have a COVID-19 tracing system by June 1 in order to get businesses and schools going again.
The app is being tested on the Isle of Wight where the local MP says the system will still be good enough.
Al Jazeera’s Jonah Hull reports from Isle of Wight, UK.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#UKcoronavirus #NHS #NHScovid19
In This Story: Boris Johnson
Boris Johnson has been Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party since 2019.
7 Recent Items: Boris Johnson
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.