About This Source - Sky News
Sky News is a British free-to-air television news channel and organisation. Sky News is distributed via a radio news service, and through online channels. It is owned by Sky Group, a division of Comcast. John Ryley is the head of Sky News, a role he has held since June 2006.
Recent from Sky News:
Sky News published this video item, entitled “Sky News Breakfast: Violent clashes in Bristol, Nicola Sturgeon and the global vaccine rollout” – below is their description.
On your Sky News Breakfast menu:
– The Home Secretary condemns violent protests in Bristol in which two police officers were injured.
– A report into whether Nicola Sturgeon broke the ministerial code is delivered today to the Scottish Government.
– The global COVID vaccine rollout and the potential effects of export bans for the rest of the world.
– And we hear from people in the care system about how the pandemic has changed their lives.Sky News YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.
5 Recent Items: COVID-19
In This Story: Nicola Sturgeon
Nicola Ferguson Sturgeon is a Scottish politician who is currently serving as the fifth First Minister of Scotland and leader of the Scottish National Party since November 2014. She is the first woman to hold either position.
6 Recent Items: Nicola Sturgeon
In This Story: Police
3 Recent Items: Police
In This Story: Vaccine
A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease. A vaccine typically contains an agent that resembles a disease-causing microorganism and is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins.