About This Source - Sky News
Sky News is a British free-to-air television news channel and organisation. Sky News is distributed via a radio news service, and through online channels. It is owned by Sky Group, a division of Comcast. John Ryley is the head of Sky News, a role he has held since June 2006.
Recent from Sky News:
Sky News published this video item, entitled “Sky News Breakfast: MPs grapple over rules on loosening lockdown” – below is their description.
On Sky News Breakfast:
– Boris Johnson could find that some of his own backbenchers might be unwilling to raise a glass to extending coronavirus laws,
– The first steps to a better start in life for babies and children in England, Niall speaks to the Children’s Minister, Vicky Ford,
– Jason Farrell reports on how parts of the NHS may take a long time to recover from the pandemic,
– And raising the bar, bitter criticism over a suggestion that vaccine certificates might be needed to have a pint in the pub.Sky News YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.
In This Story: Boris Johnson
Boris Johnson has been Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party since 2019.
7 Recent Items: Boris Johnson
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.
5 Recent Items: COVID-19
In This Story: Lockdown
During the 2020 Covid-19 epidemic, lockdown has come to mean the practice of attempting to control transmission of the virus by means of restricting people’s movement and activities on a broad scale, usually on a national or state-wide basis.
3 Recent Items: Lockdown
In This Story: Vaccine
A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease. A vaccine typically contains an agent that resembles a disease-causing microorganism and is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins.