About This Source - Sky News
Sky News is a British free-to-air television news channel and organisation. Sky News is distributed via a radio news service, and through online channels. It is owned by Sky Group, a division of Comcast. John Ryley is the head of Sky News, a role he has held since June 2006.
Recent from Sky News:
Sky News published this video item, entitled “Sky News Breakfast: Britons head to the polls, as Navy ships head to Jersey” – below is their description.
On Sky News Breakfast this morning,
– People across the UK head to vote in local and municipal elections, some delayed by the pandemic
– Two Royal Navy vessels head to Jersey, as French fisherman threaten a blockade of the island’s port over a dispute over post-Brexit fishing rules
– World Health Organisation give an update on the global COVID vaccination effort
– How long COVID will continue to be a problem into the future, as the wider pandemic wanesSky News YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.
In This Story: Brexit
Brexit is the name given to the United Kingdom’s exiting the European Union, which happened on 31 January 2020, following a narrow “Leave” referendum result in a June 2016 vote on EU Membership which took place in the country. News items related to Brexit are posted, below, chronologically, with the most recent items at the top, from a variety of outlets.
3 Recent Items: Brexit
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.