Farmers on the northern island of Luzon are facing supply-chain problems because of the partial lockdown against the coronavirus pandemic which has infected more than 4,000 people in the Philippines.
Farmers say they are struggling to get agricultural machinery and sell their produce.
As many have little spare cash, the extension on movement restrictions is likely to wreck their livelihood.
Al Jazeera’s Jamela Alindogan reports from Nueva Ecija province in the northern island of Luzon.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#Philippines #Coronavirus #COVID-19
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.