Al Jazeera English published this video item, entitled “Pegasus Project: Malware used against journalists and dissidents | The Listening Post” – below is their description.
A global consortium of media outlets blew the lid off a huge surveillance scandal revealing how the hacking tool Pegasus has been used by governments around the world to spy on dissidents and journalists via their mobile phones.
– Rohini Singh – Reporter, The Wire
– Bradley Hope – Co-founder, Project Brazen
– Laurent Richard – Founder, Forbidden Stories
– Eva Galperin – Director, Electronic Frontier Foundation
On our radar:
American media outlets have been feasting on a story – the billionaire space race. Richard Gizbert and producer Meenakshi Ravi discuss how the mass of coverage squares alongside another story about the planet that is far more consequential – climate change.
Bild’s battle for political influence in Germany
There is a crucial election coming in Germany, and its biggest tabloid, Bild, is trying to preserve its place at the heart of German politics.
– Julian Reichelt – Editor-in-chief, Bild
– Günter Wallraff – Investigative journalist & author, The Lead
– Moritz Tschermak – Editor-in-chief, BILDblog & author, How Bild divides society with fear and hate
– Margreth Lünenborg – Professor of journalism, Free University BerlinAl Jazeera English YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.