About This Source - Al Jazeera
The video item below is a piece of English language content from Al Jazeera. Al Jazeera is a Qatari state-funded broadcaster in Doha, Qatar, owned by the Al Jazeera Media Network. More from Al Jazeera
Three Recent Al Jazeera Stories:
Pakistan has more than 2,600 cases of infection and 40 deaths from the new coronavirus, with many cities under lockdown and the government urging social distancing.
But healthcare workers are calling on the government to do more to help them fight the virus.
They say they have not been provided with enough protective equipment in already overcrowded and under-resourced hospitals, and their lives are being placed at risk.
Al Jazeera’s Charles Stratford reports.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#Coronavirus #COVID-19 #PakistanCoronavirus
In This Story: Covid-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.