The original heart of the battle against the coronavirus pandemic is marking a significant breakthrough.
More than three months ago, China reported its first death from COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the virus. Now it says it has gone 10 days in a row without any reported deaths.
This comes as Singapore reported another 618 new cases, and now, has the highest coronavirus infection rate in Asia.
Al Jazeera’s Sarah Clarke reports.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#AlJazeeraEnglish #China #Coronavirus
In This Story: China
China is the third largest country in the world by area and the largest country in the world by population. Properly known as the People’s Republic of China, the political territory of the country includes the former nations of Tibet and Hong Kong.
7 Recent Items: China
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.