About This Source - 7NEWS Australia
Seven News is the television news service of the Seven Network and, as of 2016, the highest-rating in Australia. The news service draws upon overseas channels for select international coverage. The network’s Director of News and Current Affairs is Craig McPherson.
Recent from 7NEWS Australia:
7NEWS Australia published this video item, entitled “Multi-million dollar cars on display at the 2021 Sydney Harbour Concours d’Elegance | 7NEWS” – below is their description.
The third Sydney Harbour Concours d’Elegance is showcasing some amazing vehicles at Darling Point this weekend.
Each car has been waxed and polished for what the French call a ‘contest of elegance’ that could be better described as a ‘battle of bank balances.’
Founder and organiser of Concours d’Elegance, James Nicholls, told 7NEWS journalist Paul Kadak that the McLaren Elva Gulf Theme show car is on display for the first time in the Southern Hemisphere.
He says the airflow design on the vehicle has amazing technology that protects the driver and passenger.
“It’s got a retro feel.”
The event is ticketed, and open to the public.
• Sydney Harbour Concours d’Elegance showcases a multi-million dollar collection of cars, all competing to be best in show, descending upon Sydney in an exceptional display of history, design and engineering
• The third annual Sydney Concours takes place at Swifts, a heritage-listed late-Victorian castellated Gothic Revival mansion built in 1875, located in Darling Point
• McLaren will for the first time debut its McLaren Elva Gulf Theme by MSO. A show car developed purely for event display, Elva is the pinnacle of the McLaren range, as the fastest and most extreme road car they’ve ever produced
• Also on display from McLaren is its everyday supercar, the GT, as well as the 765LT, of which Just 765 individually numbered units have been built
• Elsewhere on display is the 1966 Brabham BT19 in which Australian racing driver, Sir Jack Brabham, became the first and only person to become F1 World Champion driving a car of his own manufacture.
James Nicholls walked Paul Kadak through these cars – in order:
– McLaren Elva Gulf Theme show car
– E-type Jaguars (1961 and 1962)
– 1936 Delage D6-70
– 1996 Brabham BT-19
– 1961 Maserati 3500 GT Spyder
– 1964 EH Holden panel van – ex-Sydney County Council
More Video: https://youtu.be/55t5a-0ID8c7NEWS Australia YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.
In This Story: Australia
7 Recent Items: Australia
In This Story: Sydney
- Population: 5.23 million (2018)