About This Source - ABC News (Australia)
The video item below is from ABC News (Australia). ABC News is a public news service in Australia produced by the News and Current Affairs division of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
Recent from ABC News (Australia):
ABC News (Australia) published this video item, entitled “Melbourne COVID cases grow, George Floyd anniversary – and Uluru Statement of the Heart | The Drum” – below is their description.
TONIGHT: more COVID cases in Melbourne sparks concerns the city could be headed for another lockdown.
PLUS: the Uluru Statement of the Heart awarded the Sydney Peace Prize – but are we any closer to constitutional recognition for First Nation’s people?
Joining Ellen Fanning:
• James Blackwell, Research Fellow (Indigenous Policy) at the Centre for Social Impact at UNSW
• Lucy Davis, Reconciliation Action Plan Project Development Coordinator at the Salvation Army
• Tom Calma, Chancellor of the University of Canberra and Co-chair of the senior advisory group to the Voice to Parliament
• Dr. Ngiare Brown, founding director of NgaoaraABC News (Australia) YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.
In This Story: Australia
7 Recent Items: Australia
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.
5 Recent Items: COVID-19
In This Story: George Floyd
George Floyd was an African-American man who died on 25th May 2020 in Powderhorn, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, following police arrest. Video recording by a witness, showing Floyd repeating “Please”, “I can’t breathe”, and “Don’t kill me”, was widely circulated on social media platforms and broadcast by media. The incident led to widespread protests across the United States.
9 Recent Items: George Floyd
In This Story: Lockdown
During the 2020 Covid-19 epidemic, lockdown has come to mean the practice of attempting to control transmission of the virus by means of restricting people’s movement and activities on a broad scale, usually on a national or state-wide basis.
3 Recent Items: Lockdown
In This Story: Melbourne
Melbourne is the coastal capital of the southeastern Australian state of Victoria. Population: 4.936 million (2018).
5 Recent Items: Melbourne
In This Story: Sydney
- Population: 5.23 million (2018)