Global News published this video item, entitled “Manitoba funds $58M program to address “learning impacts” of COVID-19 pandemic: education minister” – below is their description.
The Manitoba government is dedicating $58 million to support the reopening of “safe schools,” announced Education Minister Cliff Cullen on Thursday. This includes a $5 million fund provided to school divisions over the summer and for the start of the school year to “assess and address learning impacts as a result of the pandemic,” he said.
Cullen also said all students can return to full-time, in-person learning in the province this fall as public health restrictions are further loosened. While masking in schools won’t be mandatory, staff and students will be expected to follow safety measures like self-screening and handwashing.
Earlier this week, the province’s chief public health officer Dr. Brent Roussin said that while masks will no longer be required in indoor spaces, he recommends that people who are not fully vaccinated wear masks and follow public health guidelines closely.
As of Aug. 5 at 11 a.m. CT, Manitoba has a reported total of 57,706 COVID-19 cases and 1,181 deaths due to the illness since the beginning of the pandemic.
For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca/news/8088425/winnipeg-businesses-covid-mandatory-masks/
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Like Global News on Facebook HERE: http://bit.ly/255GMJQ
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE: https://bit.ly/2QZaZIB
#COVID19 #Manitoba #GlobalNewsGlobal News YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.