ABC News (Australia) published this video item, entitled “Man who left locked down Sydney for Qld, flight attendant fined over COVID-19 breaches | ABC News” – below is their description.
A man from Sydney and a Brisbane woman who have sparked a COVID-19 scare in Queensland have both been hit with fines for failing to abide by the state’s health directions.
The man left lockdown in Sydney and flew to Ballina, where he was picked up by the woman, a flight attendant, and driven into Queensland.
Both later tested positive to the highly infectious Delta variant of COVID-19 after spending time in the community, sparking a widespread contact tracing effort.
Police have alleged the man flew from Sydney to Ballina to meet up with the woman, from the Brisbane suburb of Banyo, who drove him to Tugun on the Gold Coast at 1:00pm on July 14 and subsequently on to Brisbane.
They said the man allegedly attended three shops in Chermside, where he used false information to check-in on July 15.
The pair has been issued infringement notices relating to a breach of border directions when they travelled from New South Wales into Queensland on July 14.
The woman, 36, was handed a $4,135 fine for the breach.
The 26-year-old man was fined over the border breach as well as another for providing untrue information and a third for failing to comply with the COVID-19 direction of an emergency officer.
The fines for his three breaches total $9,648.
Authorities have previously said the woman had not been fully cooperated with contact tracers and had engaged a lawyer.ABC News (Australia) YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.