About This Source - Al Jazeera
The video item below is a piece of English language content from Al Jazeera. Al Jazeera is a Qatari state-funded broadcaster in Doha, Qatar, owned by the Al Jazeera Media Network. More from Al Jazeera
Three Recent Al Jazeera Stories:
Luiz Inacio da Silva, also known as Lula, was president of Brazil from January 1, 2003 to December 31, 2010.
The former labour union leader lifted millions of people out of poverty in one of the world’s most unequal countries.
Lula was jailed in 2018 after the “car wash” investigation saw dozens of politicians imprisoned and accused of corruption. He was released after 580 days on grounds that he had been denied a due process.
The 74-year-old former president talks to Al Jazeera about current President Jair Bolsonaro’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the United States’s involvement in Latin American affairs.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
In This Story: Covid-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.