FRANCE 24 English published this video item, entitled “Lebanon blast, a year on: Lebanese officials ‘failed’ to protect residents • FRANCE 24 English” – below is their description.
Senior Lebanese officials knew of the risks posed by the highly explosive material stored for years at #Beirut’s port and did nothing to protect the public against it, an international human rights group said Tuesday. In a report on last year’s massive #blast, #HumanRightsWatch said those same officials are now trying to thwart the investigation. It called for targeted sanctions against implicated officials and an international probe. FRANCE 24’s Sally Farhat tells us more.FRANCE 24 English YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.