In Israel, there have been protests in Tel Aviv and West Jerusalem against the handling of the coronavirus pandemic by the government.
Police used water cannon on the protesters in West Jerusalem to try to disperse the crowds.
Israel reimposed restrictions after a surge in cases last week, which angered demonstrators.
There have been protests for weeks over the economic situation and lockdown measures.
There were also chants demanding Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu resign.
Earlier, we spoke with Al Jazeera’s Harry Fawcett, who joined us from West Jerusalem, to discuss the latest updates.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#Coronavirus #IsraelProtests #Netanyahu
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.