Indonesia is reporting record new coronavirus cases for a third consecutive day, with nearly 3,000 new cases and 100 more deaths recorded on Saturday.
This has led to Indonesia advancing trials of a potential vaccine developed in China.
More than 2,000 Indonesians signed up to trial the vaccine developed by Chinese pharmaceutical manufacturer Sinovac.
Al Jazeera’s Jessica Washington reports from Bandung, Indonesia.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#Indonesia #Coronavirus #Sinovac
In This Story: China
7 Recent Items: China
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.
5 Recent Items: COVID-19
In This Story: Indonesia
2 Recent Items: Indonesia
In This Story: Vaccine
A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease. A vaccine typically contains an agent that resembles a disease-causing microorganism and is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins.