Global News published this video item, entitled “Grieving relatives mourn victims of Egyptian church fire: “We couldn’t save my father and mother”” – below is their description.
Relatives attended funerals in Giza, Egypt for some of the 41 victims killed in an electrical fire and stampede at the Abu Sifin church during Mass on Sunday.
Coffins were passed through the Virgin Mary and Archangel Michael church where families had gathered to grieve and pray for the deceased, who were mostly children, according to sources.
“We couldn’t save my father and my mother, we couldn’t,” said Egyptian citizen Mina Adel, who had lost both of his parents in the fire.
An electrical fire swept through the church on Sunday, causing a stampede of almost 1,000 worshippers and multiple deaths resulting from smoke inhalation.
In a statement, the Interior Ministry said a forensic examination showed that the fire began in the second floor air conditioning as a result of an electrical malfunction.
For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca/news/9059207/egypt-fire-coptic-church-cairo-death-toll/
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Like Global News on Facebook HERE: http://bit.ly/255GMJQ
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE: https://bit.ly/2QZaZIB
#GlobalNews #Egypt #AbuSifinGlobal News YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.