The death toll in the United Kingdom continues to surge, with figures just released confirming that 828 people have died in England alone in the past 24 hours from COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.
Nearly 56,000 people have been infected across the country, including Prime Minister Boris Johnson who remains in intensive care.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#AlJazeeraEnglish #UK #Coronavirus
In This Story: Boris Johnson
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is a British politician, writer, and former journalist, who has served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party since 2019. He was Foreign Secretary from 2016 to 2018 and Mayor of London from 2008 to 2016.
7 Recent Items: Boris Johnson
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.
5 Recent Items: COVID-19
In This Story: UK
UK is the abbreviated form of the United Kingdom of Great Britain.