A rise in COVID-19 infections in Spain drives up fears of a resurgence in Europe.
The United Kingdom is reimposing a 14-day quarantine rule on travellers returning from Spain.
Infections have tripled there in the past two weeks, with Catalonia emerging as a new hotspot.
Al Jazeera’s Sonia Gallego reports.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#Coronavirus #Spain #UKquarantine
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.
5 Recent Items: COVID-19
In This Story: Spain
2 Recent Items: Spain
In This Story: United Kingdom
The United Kingdom is the seat of the formerly extensive British Empire.