Colombia’s government has announced that its lockdown will be extended for another two weeks until May 11.
The country has so far managed to slow the rise of infections but already has more than 4,000 cases and almost 200 deaths.
But, as Al Jazeera’s Alessandro Rampietti reports, people are going hungry in Bogota.
With the local and the national government struggling to reach all those in need, many have resorted to hanging red rags from their windows to signal they need help.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: https://www.aljazeera.com/
#AlJazeeraEnglish #Colombia #Coronavirus
In This Story: COVID-19
Covid-19 is the official WHO name given to the novel coronavirus which broke out in late 2019 and began to spread in the early months of 2020.
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a persistent new cough (non productive, dry)
- a high temperature (e.g. head feels warm to the touch)
- shortness of breath (if this is abnormal for the individual, or increased)
Latest News about Covid-19
Below are stories from around the globe related to the 2020 outbreak of novel Coronavirus – since the WHO gave the Covid-19 naming. Most recent items are posted nearest the top.