Global News published this video item, entitled “Canadian government delivers formal apology to military sexual misconduct victims | LIVE” – below is their description.
The federal government, Department of National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces will apologize on Monday to victims of military sexual misconduct.
Chief of the Defence Staff General Wayne Eyre will deliver the formal apology on behalf of the Canadian Armed Forces and Deputy Minister of National Defence Jody Thomas will offer an apology on behalf of the Department of National Defence.
The apology will come in three parts with Defence Minister Anita Anand speaking on behalf of the government.
The apology was first promised in 2019 as part of a $600-million settlement deal with current and former service members in several class-action lawsuits.
Officials had previously said they were hoping for an in-person event, but the Defence Department says today’s apology will be delivered virtually and streamed online because of COVID-19.
For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca/news/8445987/federal-government-military-apologize-sexual-misconduct-victims/
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Like Global News on Facebook HERE: http://bit.ly/255GMJQ
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE: https://bit.ly/2QZaZIB
#GlobalNewsGlobal News YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.