About This Source - Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver is a British chef and restaurateur with a string of books, television shows and restaurants to his name.
In 1999 the BBC aired his television show The Naked Chef.
He was the owner of a restaurant chain, Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group, which opened its first restaurant, Jamie’s Italian, in Oxford in 2008.
Jamie Oliver Books #Ad
Recent from Jamie Oliver:
Crispy pork, smokey black beans and a fresh pickled salsa all piled up in a crunchy taco shell, delicious! This money saving recipe will not only help you use up any left over ingredients, it will change your taco game forever!Jamie Oliver YouTube Channel
Money Saving Meals originally aired on Channel 4. If you’re UK based stream Jamie programmes on All 4 www.channel4.com
- 350 g skinless higher-welfare pork belly
- 1 heaped teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 heaped teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- olive oil
- 1 good pinch of cumin seeds
- 3 spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 x 400 g tin of black beans
- 1 fresh red or green chilli
- 2 little gem lettuces
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1 eating apple
- low-salt soy sauce
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime
- Lingham’s chilli sauce
- 4 tablespoons fat-free natural yoghurt
- 8 corn taco shells
- Cut the pork into 1cm dice and tip into the large frying pan with the fennel seeds, paprika, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and stir regularly.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the cumin seeds into the medium frying pan. Trim, slice and add the spring onions, squash in the unpeeled garlic through a garlic crusher, then stir in the beans and their juices, and simmer.
- Finely slice the chilli, lettuce and most of the top leafy half of the coriander, then halve, destone, peel and chop the avocado, along with the tomato.
- Toss and pile all this on a platter, coarsely grating or matchsticking the apple on top. Ripple a little chilli sauce through the yoghurt in a small bowl.
- Stir, mush and season the beans to taste.
- Drizzle the salad with a little soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and the lime juice, then toss together.
- Drain the fat from the pork pan, then serve everything straight away, with a pile of taco shells and all the other elements, sprinkled with the remaining coriander leaves.