About This Source - Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver is a British chef and restaurateur with a string of books, television shows and restaurants to his name.
In 1999 the BBC aired his television show The Naked Chef.
He was the owner of a restaurant chain, Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group, which opened its first restaurant, Jamie’s Italian, in Oxford in 2008.
Jamie Oliver Books #Ad
Recent from Jamie Oliver:
Jamie Oliver published this video item, entitled “Sausage and Mash Pie | Keep Cooking Family Favourites | Jamie Oliver” – below is their description.
If you like sausage and mash then this may well be your new family favourite! Sausage and mash pie, what a dish! Keep Cooking Family Favourites originally aired on Channel 4.Jamie Oliver YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.
Sausage and Mash Pie
It’s sausages and mash, but not as you know it.
- Olive oil
- Leeks chopped
- Apple peeled & chopped
- 1.2kg Maris piper potatoes, peeled, boiled & drained.
- 3 teaspoons English mustard
- Pinch of thyme
- 600ml milk.
- Put olive oil in a pan and fry the sausages.
- As the sausage begin to brown, add chopped apple.
- As the apple begins to brown, remove the sausages, add chopped leek, then after a stir add some water to stop the frying process.
- Turn down to medium heat with a lid on for 20 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour to the potatoes, season.
- Mash together the potatoes.
- Divide into thirds. Put one third aside.
- Rub oil around a tray.
- Put two thirds into a tray and line the bottom and sides with it, patting down.
- Add 3 teapoons English mustard to the leeks along with 2 tablespoons flour and a pinch of thyme, stir.
- Add 600 ml of milk.
- Set aside one sausage.
- Slice remaining sausages into chunks and add to the pan.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add oil to a piece of greaseproof paper and rub to ensure fully covered.
- Add set aside potato and press down to create a potato mash lid for the pie – slightly bigger than the tray area.
- Put the contents of the pan into the lined tray.
- Flap the potato mash lid from the greaseproof paper onto the top of the tray. Peel off the greaseproof paper. Seal. Use a knife to remove surplus potato.
- Slice remaining sausage and press into the lid of the pie.
- Put into oven at 200 degrees celcius for 40 minutes.
In This Story: UK
UK is the abbreviated form of the United Kingdom of Great Britain.