Making curry can be difficult if you don’t know how to combine the spices or where to buy them from. Helpfully, Patak’s has a range of curry pastes and has teamed up with The Global Herald to produce a range of “sizzling summer recipes” that are easy to make and delicious to eat!
- 2 duck breasts, skin scored in a crisscross pattern without permeating the meat
- 1½ tablespoons Patak’s Rogan Josh Curry Paste
- 300 ml chicken stock, homemade or shop bought
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt, to taste
- In a pan heat the chicken stock with the Patak’s Rogan Josh Paste. Reduce to two thirds.
- Season the duck breasts with salt.
- Heat a frying pan on high heat until smoking.
- Place the duck breasts skin side down in the pan and do not move them for a few minutes.
- Remove the fat that has rendered out of the breasts.
- Cook the duck breasts skin side down for 7-8 minutes removing the fat that collects in the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium and turn the duck over so it is skin side up. The skin should be crispy and dark golden brown.
- Add the butter and 3-4 tablespoons of the reduced Rogan Josh gravy.
- Keep spooning over this jus in the pan whilst the duck is cooking.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- To serve, slice the duck and serve with the remaining juices from the pan with extra gravy on the side.