This no knead white loaf recipe is from John Kirkwood’s YouTube channel.
How to make a very quick and easy no knead white loaf, easy step by step instructions, from start to finish.John Kirkwood YouTube Channel
No Knead Bread Recipe
- 215g (7.5oz) Strong white bread flour
- 215g (7.5oz) Plain or all-purpose flour
- 250ml Lukewarm water at 40C (104F)
- 2tsp Instant or dried active yeast
- 1tsp Salt
- 20g (0.75oz) Oil or butter or lard
- Grease a 900g / 2lb loaf tin.
- Add the sugar and yeast to the warm water, mix well and allow the yeast to activate for 10 minutes until it foams up.
- Place the flour and salt into a warm bowl and mix together.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour and add the oil, then mix the ingredients until you have a dough ball formed.
- Cover the bowl and place in a warm draught free spot until the dough at least doubles in size, this should take anywhere between 30 and 60 minutes depending on the temperature of your house.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface, sprinkle a little flour on the dough, and knock it back until all the gas is out of it.
- Form the dough into a sausage shape and place it into the greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle a little flour over the dough, cover it with a lightweight dry cloth, place it in a warm spot and allow to rise to about an inch above the top of the loaf tin.
- When the is only about 10 minutes left on the final proof, preheat your oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas mark 5.
- Once risen place the loaf into the preheated oven and set your timer for 30 minutes.
- Once done remove it from the loaf tin immediately, then place the loaf back in the oven for a further 5 minutes to crisp up the sides.
- Remove from the oven and onto a wire rack for at least 20 minutes to cool.
Tips & Tricks
See video. Also feel free to post a moderated comment, below.