About This Source - This Morning
This Morning airs each weekday in the UK, on the ITV1 channel, between 10am and 12.30pm. It is described as “a mix of celebrity interviews, showbiz news, topical discussion, competitions, health, and more.”
Recent from This Morning:
It’s never too early for a mince pie and it seems many agree – Asda started stocking them in August, 4 months early, and shoppers have already spent a whopping £17 million on mince pies so far this year. Phil’s in the kitchen ready to show us how to bake your way to mince pie perfection!This Morning YouTube Channel
Broadcast on: 25/11/19
Homemade Mince Pies Recipe
For the streusel topping:
- 70g plain flour
- 70g salted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 120g finely chopped pecans
- 75g dark brown sugar
- 500g ready rolled short pastry (preferably sweet short pastry)
- 350g luxury mince meat
- zest of 1 large orange and 1 lemon
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tsp rosewater
- 1 tbsp brandy
Rich shortcrust pastry
- 175g cold unsalted butter
- 350g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ egg shell of cold water, approx
For the shortcrust pastry
- Place the cold butter, flour, salt and sugar together in a food processor. Mix until you have a fine breadcrumb texture, do not over work
- Add the egg and water and mix well, using the pulse button. Do not overwork or the pastry will shrink when cooked.
- Turn out of the processor and knead very gently to bring together.
- Flatten slightly (makes it easier to roll when chilled) wrap in cling film, then chill for about 20 minutes before rolling.
For the Mince Pies
- Preheat the oven to 200°C gas 6.
- Make up the topping by rubbing the butter into the flour until you have fine breadcrumbs then add the cinnamon, allspice, chopped pecans and brown sugar
- Mix the mincemeat with the zests, cinnamon, almonds, rosewater and brandy
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to a thickness of about 5mm and use a cutter to cut out pastry discs which will line the bases of the patty tins
- Carefully line the moulds with the pastry, then spoon in enough mincemeat to fill – make sure you do not fill more than three-quarters full
- Spoon over the topping evenly, then bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and crisp
In This Story: Dr Zoe
Williams graduated from medical school in 2007. She currently practices as an NHS General Practitioner in London
During her second year of working as a full-time doctor in Newcastle, Williams landed the role of “Amazon” in Sky 1’s prime-time TV show Gladiators.
Williams had previously played rugby, appearing with the Blaydon Women’s Rugby Football Club in the Premiership Division.
3 Recent Items: Dr Zoe
In This Story: Holly Willoughby
Holly Willoughby is an English television presenter, model, and author. She is currently the co-presenter of This Morning (2009–present) and Dancing on Ice (2006–2011, 2018–present) alongside Phillip Schofield.
From 2008 to 2020, Willoughby was a team captain on ITV2’s Celebrity Juice alongside Fearne Cotton. From 2012 to 2015, she presented the revived television series Surprise Surprise, replacing original presenter Cilla Black. Other TV work includes BBC’s The Voice UK (2012–2013), Play to the Whistle (2015–2017) and The Xtra Factor (2008–2009).
In November 2018, Willoughby co-presented the eighteenth series of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! alongside Declan Donnelly.
4 Recent Items: Holly Willoughby
In This Story: ITV
ITV (LSE: ITV) is a broadcasting company which was formed from a merger of Granada plc and Carlton Communications in 2004. It holds Channel 3 broadcasting licences in England, Wales, Southern Scotland and the Isle of Man.
2 Recent Items: ITV
In This Story: Phil Vickery
Philip Vickery is an English celebrity chef. He is best known for working on ITV’s This Morning, where he has been the Chef since 2006.
Vickery followed Gary Rhodes as head chef of the Castle Hotel, Taunton, Somerset. Under his stewardship, the venue was awarded a Michelin star for four consecutive years from 1994-1997.
Vickery appeared in BBC’s Ready Steady Cook over 200 times between 1996 and 2010.
1 Recent Items: Phil Vickery
In This Story: Phillip Schofield
Phillip Schofield is an English television presenter who works for ITV. He is the co-presenter of This Morning (2002–present) and Dancing on Ice (2006–2014, 2018–present) alongside Holly Willoughby.
His other work for ITV includes All Star Mr & Mrs (2008–2016), The Cube (2009–2015, 2020–present), and 5 Gold Rings (2017–present).
Schofield gained national attention working for the BBC, first as a continuity presenter for Children’s BBC on weekdays from 1985 to 1987, then as a presenter on the children’s Saturday morning magazine show Going Live! between September 1987 and April 1993.
4 Recent Items: Phillip Schofield
In This Story: This Morning Recipes
Food & Drink recipes from UK ITV1 Show This Morning.