About This Source - Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver is a British chef and restaurateur with a string of books, television shows and restaurants to his name.
In 1999 the BBC aired his television show The Naked Chef.
He was the owner of a restaurant chain, Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group, which opened its first restaurant, Jamie’s Italian, in Oxford in 2008.
Jamie Oliver Books #Ad
Recent from Jamie Oliver:
Jamie Oliver cooked up this mushroom cannelloni recipe on his show “Keep Cooking Family Favourites” and it is a great alternative main course for a family to enjoy. The video above is from Jamie’s official YouTube channel, and we’ve noted down the ingredients, below, for you to enjoy.
Oozy, hearty, cheesy mushroom greatness wrapped up in beautiful cannelloni. An absolute crowd pleaser and well worth a go!Jamie Oliver YouTube Channel
Jamie Oliver’s Mushroom Cannelloni Recipe
- 2 small onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- 2 leeks
- 750 g chestnut mushrooms
- 75 g plain flour
- 1 litre semi-skimmed milk
- 120 g Cheddar cheese
- 250 g dried cannelloni tubes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Peel the onions and garlic, then pulse until very fine in a food processor.
- Tip into a large casserole pan on a medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Trim, wash, pulse and add the leeks.
- Saving 2 mushrooms for later, pulse the rest and stir into the pan.
- Cook it all for 15 minutes, stirring regularly, then season to perfection and turn the heat off.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, pour 3 tablespoons of oil into a separate pan on a medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour for 2 minutes, then gradually whisk in the milk.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened, then grate in the cheese and season to perfection.
- Pour one third of the sauce into a 25cm x 30cm roasting tray.
- As soon as the filling is cool enough to work with, push both ends of each pasta tube into it to fill, lining them up in the tray as you go.
- Pour over the rest of the sauce, then finely slice the reserved mushrooms and use them to decorate the top.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and bake for 45 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Your Ratings & Comments
Did you like this mushroom cannelloni? Got tips of your own? Leave a rating and your comment at the bottom of this page. All comments are moderated before publication, so only those which add value will be published.