Martha Stewart published this video item, entitled “Martha Stewart’s Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes | Martha Bakes Recipes” – below is their description.
Martha Stewart shares her recipe for individual Boston cream pie cupcakes. Coined as the official state dessert of Massachusetts, the Boston cream pie combines luscious custard cream filling, moist layers of vanilla cake, and a chocolate ganache glaze. This adorable, bite-size take on the classic dessert makes this dish perfect for sharing at a party or with your family at home.
#BostonCreamPie #Cupcakes #Dessert #Recipe #MarthaBakes #MarthaStewart
00:16 Melt Together Butter & Milk
00:35 Sift Dry Ingredients
01:00 Beat Eggs with Sugar
01:54 Add Ingredients Together
02:29 Fill Muffin Tins
02:56 Vanilla Cream Filling
05:40 Chocolate Ganache
06:12 Assemble the Cupcakes
Martha Stewart’s Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes | Martha Bakes RecipesMartha Stewart YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.
Recipe: Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for tins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for tins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Vanilla Cream
For the Chocolate-Ganache Glaze
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour standard muffin tins. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Warm milk and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Beat eggs and sugar with a mixer on high speed until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Beat in dry ingredients.
- Bring milk and butter to a boil. With mixer on low speed, add milk mixture to batter, and beat until smooth. Add vanilla. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each halfway. Bake cupcakes until light gold, about 15 minutes. Let cool in tins for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks. Let cool.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each in half horizontally. Spread 1 tablespoon vanilla cream on each cupcake bottom. Sandwich with top.
- Bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and add chocolate and corn syrup. Let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, and let cool, stirring often. Use immediately.
- Spoon glaze over each cupcake and serve immediately.