About This Source - Lorraine
Recent from Lorraine:
Lisa Faulkner cooked up this Quick and Easy Bombay Pot Pie Recipe on ITV1’s Lorraine show. Details – and don’t forget to rate this recipe – below!
Lisa Faulkner is spicing up a Shepherd’s Pie with a quick and easy twist on the winter classic to create Bombay Pot Pie.
Broadcast on 24/01/20Lorraine YouTube Channel
Lisa Faulkner’s Bombay Pot Pie Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400ml lamb stock
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 large onions chopped
- 1tsp Ginger paste or 2cm grated Ginger
- 1x400g tin tomatoes
- 100g frozen peas
- 500g minced lamb *you can use veggie mince if preferred
- 4tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
- 1 tablespoon of mild curry paste (from a jar)
- 8-10 medium potatoes chopped into rough quarters
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp mild curry paste
For the Filling
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and soften.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and tomatoes. Cook for 2/3 mins.
- Add the spice paste and salt.
- Cook 5/6 mins.
- Add minced lamb give a good old mix and let it cook 5/10 mins
- Add peas and mix through.
- Then add the stock. Cook for about 30 mins. Let it reduce down then place it into a pie dish.
For the Potatoes
- Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water along with the turmeric and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
- Turn down and simmer for about 15 minutes until tender. Drain and toss together in the curry paste and a little oil.
- Place the potatoes on top of the lamb mince and bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 30-35 minutes until potatoes are crispy.
In This Story: Lisa Faulkner
Lisa Tamsin Faulkner is an English actor, presenter and celebrity chef.